Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Week 3, Thing #7

The assignment is to write about any technology-related issue that interests me. Right now, I'm most interested in improving my library's website. I've been webmaster for several years, but the website has remained essentially the same, with updates on certain school- and library-related events. I just ordered a new laptop and Dreamweaver software, and I'll be working with a parent volunteer to redesign the website and include more features for students and parents. What I'd really like to do at some point is create a website for the school for the "outside world", and an intranet for for staff and students when they're on-site. But at the moment we don't have the infrastructure to support that idea.

1 comment:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Does your district have a technology committee or team that you could join? Then you could better influence district technology plans and resources, become known as web savvy, and develop a wider network.

Best wishes.
- Jackie Siminitus
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager