Sunday, October 21, 2007

Week 4, Thing #8

I did a lot of reading on this topic (RSS feeders) before I set up an account on Bloglines. It was all new to me. So I went to some of the sources recommended on the School Library Learning 2.0 blog and got myself caught up a bit on this Web 2.0 feature. Shortly after, a parent at my school approached me about updating our school website. One of the features she wanted to put into the restructured site was a monthly calendar with an RSS feature for parents and community members to select. I was glad I was able to follow what she was referring to, thanks to the reading I did online and to my own experiences setting up my account in Bloglines.
Bloglines is a site that's very easy to use. But what I'd really like to learn is how to set up an RSS feeder on my own website. Maybe my work with the parent who's helping with our school website will give me the chance to grow in that area.

No comments: