Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Week 2, Thing #3

My blog was set up a few months ago, and I created a blog for my June trip to Peru. I like being able to let people know that if they're so inclined, they can read all about my trip and look at some of the photos. If they're not interested, you don't have to bore them with travel tales or photo albums. Blogs are easy!
I just posted my avatar this evening. Are there other places to go to create avatars? Are there sites that allow you to be a bit more creative - such as being able to draw and paint your own avatar? The yahoo site was easy to use and the instructions on the CSLA blog were clear, but there's not much room for really expressing yourself with all the pre-set choices and accessories.

1 comment:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Welcome to School Library Learning 2.0 - your avatar looks fine, and you are right to ask if there are other avatars. Yes. Some avatars talk, do sign language, offer different language options, and some even walk, dance and fly (Second Life) -- See my Filamentality hotlist on "eGames and Avatars" at http://www.kn.att.com/wired/fil/pages/listegamesj.html -- I haven't checked links for about a year, but it is a good start.

Best wishes.
- Jackie Siminitus
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager